Sunday, October 26, 2008

Quite the day




We had quite the day today after quite the night last night.  

Big thing #1:  Foster is officially learning to put himself to 
sleep at bedtime & at
naptime. 

Last night Foster WOULD NOT stay asleep. 
 We had friends/family here
 (Ken Wright and his daughter, Kendra and Rusty) and I wanted to see them!  It was so frustrating!  I tried for a very long time, rocking him, nursing him and every time he'd fall asleep and when I put him down, he would wake up.  I made the decision that he needed to learn to fall asleep on his own.  So, last night he did it.  I left his room and he cried for 15 minutes, then slept for a few, then cried again, then slept... for about 45 minutes.  Then he was asleep.

For consistency's sake, we decided we should take this route with naps and bedtime the "rule" being we would let him cry/lay in his crib for an hour at naptime and pretty much unlimited at night.  So today I tried three times to get him to take a nap and three times he lay in his crib, mostly crying.  No nap.  All day.  Tonight I nursed hi

m and he promptly fell asleep, only to wake up (as usual) when I put him down.  So I gave him a kiss and his blue bear, told him I loved him and 
left.  He cried off and on for 45 minutes and then fell asleep.  :-)

Big Thing #2:  SYDNEY LOST ANOTHER TOOTH!!! She and 
Andy were in the car and out it came!  She is VERY excited!!  The Tooth Fairy should be making an appearance tonight!!

Big Thing#3: In between no naps today, Foster OFFICIALLY turned over from back to belly.  He had done this on the couch with the help of the cushions, but this was his first unassisted turn from back to belly.  Andy witnessed it and we happened to be on the phone with PopPop at the time.  Very big stuff.

Big Thing #4:  At bath time Foster was fussing away and I noticed that he cut his first tooth!  In fact, he cut the tooth that Sydney lost!  Finally!!

Very big day at the Grignon house.


No comments: