Friday, October 10, 2008

Dentist


We went to the dentist today to fill that cavity and it was, in a word, traumatic.

Or maybe I should say, "dramatic".

She did great until they had to give her the novocaine.  Then she screamed.  And screamed.  We got through the numbing part and she wanted them to stop.  

"I WANT TO LEAVE NOW!  I DON'T LIKE THIS!!"

So we explained that we could stop, but if we did that we would have to come back another day, go through the numbing again, just to get where we are now and that the part that was left was painless.  

The dentist was trying to talk to her about "sugar bugs" and basically not giving it to her straight.  So I had to just explain to Sydney that the pinching was to give her medicine to make it not hurt while they fixed her tooth and that part was now over and what was left wouldn't hurt.  That made sense to her, I guess.  Plus, I made it very clear that if she didn't let them finish today we would definitely be coming back to let them do the job.  

She thought about that and after several deep breaths, she agreed to continue.  Syd pulled it together and let the dentist finish up.  

Did I mention I also bribed her?  Hence the new scooter in the picture...  :-) 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am with her..I don't like the dentist much either! Cute scooter!