Saturday, October 18, 2008

Oktoberfest




Today was a full day.  Foster and I ran a 5k this morning to kick off Campbell's Oktoberfest.  Ok, I ran it, Foster slept in the stroller.  We had fun, though.  Afterward, we met Andy and Syd downtown (they had a breakfast date) and Andy bought beer tickets for later.

After lunch and Foster's nap, we walked downtown  with our friends Anne, Scott & Nitin.  Sydney rode her scooter and Foster rode in the stroller again.  Andy spent a good part of his time standing in lines & Syd, Foster and I spent most of our time in the kids area (jump houses, small rides, etc).  Foster was mostly in the Ergo baby carrier (sleep part of the time), Sydney playing.   On one jump thingy, Syd fell off the slide.  It looked like she was doing a cartwheel with no hands!!  Scared the crapola outta me!  :-)  She was fine, though, and recovered with a beautiful butterfly face painting. 

Foster did great until I left him with the guys while I got some food.  He was a little upset while I was gone, but once I got back life was good again.  

Ah, such is the life of a 5 month old.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

Syd looks so cute! They did a great job with that face painting! Looks like a fun and busy day.